Wednesday Recipe: Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken and Orzo
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts or small thighs
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher sale and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup dry orzo pasta
- 1/3 cup dry white wine (Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Fresh rosemary, for serving (optional)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet set over medium-high heat. Rub the chicken with 1 tablespoon olive oil, oregano, paprika, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. When the olive oil is shimmering, add the chicken. Sear on both sides until golden, about 3-5 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
To the same skillet, add the butter and shallot, cooking until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and orzo, cooking until slightly golden, 2-3 minutes. Add the wine and de-glaze the pan. Add 1 ½ cups water. Bring to a boil and cook 3-5 minutes, then add the cream, mustard, Parmesan, spinach, and sun-dried tomatoes, stirring until the spinach has wilted. Slide the chicken back into the pan and bake uncovered for 10-15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
Serve chicken topped with lemon juice.