Wednesday Recipe: Hearty Vegetable Stew
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 ounces Baby Bella mushrooms, quartered
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup flour
- ¾ cup dry red wine
- 4 cups red potato, diced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 leaves bay leaf
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes, or until most of their juices have been released.
- Add the onions, carrots, and celery, and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until onions are semi-translucent.
- Add the garlic, rosemary, thyme, pepper, tomato paste, and soy sauce, and cook for 2-3 more minutes, until the herbs are fragrant.
- Add the flour and stir until fully incorporated. Add the wine and stir until mostly absorbed.
- Add the potatoes, vegetable broth, and bay leaves, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender and the stew has thickened.
- Remove the bay leaves.
Recipe courtesy of Tasty.